Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oh Momma it's a little fuzzy ....

Long long long day, Momma ... rough day ... at work ...

And driving into the cemetery to see you ... way after dark ... I was obsessing about work ... and then wondered ... what was it like for you ...? At work? When you worked for the Missouri state purchaser's office in Jefferson City? When you worked for the bank in Hornersville? When you worked for Boston Avenue Methodist Church in Tulsa? When you worked for McWhorter-Weaver (sp?) in Tennessee? Did you have days like this? I'll bet ... you did ...

Now it's about 11 PM and I turned on Jay Leno and there's an animal expert who brought on stage a lemur ... from Madagascar ... she was big and furry and fuzzy with wide eyes and broad face ... and my first thought ... came out in my immediate reaction ... "Oh Momma ... oh Momma ... it's a little fuzzy fuzzy animal ..." and you would have said, "Oh ... oh I want to see it ..." and would look up or come over and we'd look and both of us would coo and carry on ... how we both loved "little fuzzy animals" ... of all kinds ... and now I'm sitting here alone ... and you're not here ... and what the fuck is the point really ... oh well ... oh well ... mahlesh ... "my God my God Why hast thou forsaken me" ... O Lord O Lord ...

O Lord I love you

O Lord it sucks but I love you

O Lord I know that you are for the poor

O Lord I know that you do not break a bent reed nor quench a smoulering wick ...

O Lord my wick is smouldering ...

O Lord you you you alone are my hope against hope ...

O Lord please please please please take good care of my good Momma

I love you Momma

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Francis de Sales

No comments: