Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Mary, you see, is our sister, for we are all born from Adam."

"Mary, you see, is our sister, for we are all born from Adam." ... from the 2nd Reading for today, St Athanasius, see http://www.universalis.com/20080101/readings.htm.

So Mary is truly our Mother and at the same time she is truly our sister. For she, like all of us, was born of Adam and Eve. At the same time, she is New Eve, consort of the New Adam, though giving birth to the New Adam by the Holy Spirit. Made by God; wed to God; mother of God. This is Mary.

And how very fitting to begin the New Year celebrating the Mother of God. For before all things was God, and He is the origin of all that is. But God's Mother is no less than the origin of God, Mother of God, Mother of Christ, True God and True Man.

O Mary, Holy Mother of God, pray for my dear Momma ...

She too was my origin and my source in all things. She was my beginning, my New Year, my soil and my root.

I love you Momma

I love you Mary

I love you Jesus

Charles Delacroix
Solemnity of the Mother of God

No comments: