Saturday, January 26, 2008

"This is Nice and Comfortable"

Well ... it is ... I'm tucked under blankets, comfortably warm and snug before the TV, with OETA-TV showing the 1948 B&W version of Oliver Twist http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040662/ ... oh Momma you would love this.

I used to say, when laying comfortably snug like this, a peanut butter sandwich beside me, a cup full of coca-cola, a good movie on TV ... I'd say, "Mmmm ... this is Nice and Comfortable!" And Momma would say, "That's good, son." And I'd say something like, "There's something to be said for being Comfortable." And she'd say, "There sure is!"

So true ... so true dear Lord ... so so true Momma ...

Oh where are you Momma ...

Oh Momma ...

Such a good movie ... really just the kind you and I would love to watch together ...

I'm here alone now ...

Alone ...

Not really alone I know dear Lord ... You are here ... and all the Angels and Saints ...

But oh oh oh oh ... Of Your Courtesy, Dear Lord, You Know ... it's just not the same ...

Without Momma ...

Oh ...

No comments: