Monday, January 7, 2008

Forgetfulness ... and on to the Baptism of the Lord

I was driving to Mom's and suddenly thought, "Oh no!" Yesterday was Epiphany, and isn't today Ordinary Time? And me still carrying my Advent/Christmas D.O. book.

And then I found that I was ... as so often ... forgetting ... and jumping to conclusions. Christmas Season lasts until the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord next Sunday.

So I found the Proper for OOR and prayed it as always. And MP from the Office for the Dead as usual.

In the 2nd Reading, for today's Feast of St Raymond, he mentions double and treble blows to the heart, and reminds us, reminds me, that the Way of the Cross is a Way of Pain ... by definition as it were ... oh how easy it is for me to forget this ...

Oh Lord help me to embrace my little Cross in following You Bearing Your Great Cross
Oh Lord please please please ... take good care of my Momma ...

Be with me at work today please Oh Lord

I love you Momma

I love you Jesus

I love you Joseph Patron of Workers

Please pray for me and for my Momma.

I love you

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Raymond of PeƱafort

No comments: