Saturday, October 27, 2007

Aeneas and Seeking for a Home

I read some more in the Aeneid, Book III this time. We have Aeneas, with his father and his son and the Trojans fleeing from their destoyed homeland, guiding themselves to Thrace. At Delos they seek the guidance of the gods in seeking a new home. They are sent to the land of their ancestors, meaning Italia; but at first they thought that the Oracle meant Crete, another ancestral home of the Trojans. All in all, Aeneas and the Trojans labor ... and work hard ... and err ... but keep seeking their new divinely ordained Home.

I too O Lord. For tonight I returned home ... home! The Home that has long been my home and Mom's. Now she is gone .. and her absence is painful indeed ... yet it felt good to come to this home even with ... or because it's with ... Mom's memories everywhere.

It felt good. I made linguini, and watched TV. MASH and Cheers ... Mom would have loved them. And I saw those little bitty purple flowers with the gold centers in the front yard again this evening. Mom ... and I ... loved these shy, beautiful, exquisite bits of God's Glory. All in all, I am very, very grateful for this home ... even without Mom .. even alone ... but still a home away from home in this sojourn in this world.

And Ohhhhhh ... how I do miss you MOmma ... O Lord Jesus take good care of my Momma ...

Thank you ... o Thank you Lord.

Charles Delacroix
Eve of Sunday 30 in Ordinary Time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.