Saturday, October 20, 2007

MASH and Salvifici Doloris' World of Suffering

The MASH tonite gave an episode I had never seen. That means chances are very good that Mom never saw it either.

Not at least before she left this world. I can dare to hope she is in a place where she has had a chance to enjoy whatever MASH episodes that neither of us had a chance to see in this world.

Tonite's episode that spoke so to my heart is a later season episode ... see http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0638423/ The episode ended with Hawkeye and a North Korean officer joining together to dig a grave for a dead soldier.

I was very moved, and really loved this. I know Mom would have been moved too. She, like I, was such a sentimentalist.

And since Salvifici Doloris's "World of Suffering" is so much on my mind these days, I guess I'm especially grateful for this reminder that really there is a deep, humane connection among so many when it comes to the grave.


Mom's own grave ... amid so many others ... is surely a link into the World of Suffering ... as are all the graves around her.

May God bless all in the World of Suffering. That is, may God bless all of us.

No comments: