Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Orphan

Earlier today, the thought suddenly occurred to me that since both my Dad and Mom are deceased, I'm actually an orphan. An adult orphan, but an orphan all the same.

Then at Grief Group tonite, the facilitator mentioned the same thing.

Not sure what the implications are yet ... except that if I'm looking for an image or idea or frame for Who Charles Is in terms of Family, then Orphan might be as good as any.

Similarly, if I'm looking for a Status or Vocation that is Biblical or Ecclesiastical ... again, this could be it. "Widows and orphans" is a phrase of recurrent significance in Scripture; and therefore in the language of the Church.

On the other hand ... Mom's repeated statement was, "Remember ... you will always be my son; and I will always be your mother." This was of such clearly strong significance to her. And it was always of such deep significance to me.

And still is.

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Denis & Cos.

No comments: