Monday, October 15, 2007

"If Christ Jesus dwells in a man as his friend ..."

"If Christ Jesus dwells in a man as his friend and noble leader, that man can endure all things, for Christ helps and strengthens us and never abandons us. He is a true friend. And I clearly see that if we expect to please him and receive an abundance of his graces, God desires that these graces must come to us from the hands of Christ, through his most sacred humanity, in which God takes delight." from http://www.universalis.com/20071015/readings.htm St Teresa d'Avila in OOR this morning.

That was the 2nd reading. The first was from Haggai. And once again as with the first readings from Haggai a few days ago at OOR, I really feel some degree of encouragement.

O Lord, if I am to seek to follow Haggai in embracing Courage and Work to rebuild the Temple of our little Home ... if, that is, I am to attempt such a thing, I need you to dwell in me as my friend and leader. How I need you Lord Jesus. Every moment of every hour of every day.

In Christ,

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Teresa d'Avila

No comments: