Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

I'm watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" tonite. The ad says this is the 40th Anniversary of this traditional annual presentation. See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060550/ ... which gives the original air date as 1966.

Oh how I miss my Mom. We both loved watching all these Charlie Brown TV programs. Now her chair is empty. And she is gone.

This morning I saw a whole lot of those little bitty purple flowers on the front lawn again. These have gold centers and are simply exquisite ... and exquisitely shy, as Mom and I both affected to consider them, because they are so small and grow so close to the ground. She's gone though. And I can't talk to her as before about these wonderful little flowers.

I can only hope and pray she can still see Charlie Brown and Snoopy and Linus ... and all these wonderful, delightful little flowers ... and even her son who sits here praying ... yet again ... that she might be happy where she is now with Our Lord.

Oh my. I still plan to go forward with our "usual" Halloween night tomorrow night. The pumpkin is here, though yet to be carved; and there is lots of candy on hand, although, alas, I've been having trouble staying out of it.

I was planning to try to cook up a pumpkin pie, too. I think I'll try to look up how to do this without burning the house down.

Oh Lord my God ... please ... please ... please ... take good care of my Momma.

I love you Lord and I love you Momma.

Charles Delacroix
Tuesday of the 30th Week in Ordinary Time

No comments: