Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween ... and Mom

I am deeply grateful to say that tonite was a really enjoyable Halloween.

By God's Grace I had resolved ahead of time to proceed as if Mom were still here. And of course for all I know she still is in a way. I can only hope and pray that she might have been here and seen and enjoyed our Halloween. There were very young children, little girls in princess outfits and little cowboys ... that I know Mom would have simply adored. How she would have cooed over them. There was a Spiderman and a vampire and a few ghosts and a Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle and a Barney ... and more that I just didn't recognize. I know Mom would have enjoyed ... as did I ... seeing the little kids, and their young parents ...

I carved a large pumpkin and have started stripping its meat in order to make a pumpking pie. For the first time ever. So if this blog suddenly falls silent, you'll know I managed to poison myself and may or may not rejoin this site.

But it was so much fun. I took pictures ... lots of pictures ... and gave out lots of candy ... and found Mom's old little pumpkin, in ceramic, and set it up with a candle in it. And I imagined her sitting in her chair, and watching the little kids coming to the door, hollering "Trick or Treat" and carrying on as they do. Mom would have loved it.

And so did I.

I love you Mom. I love you Jesus.

And Jesus please take good care of my Momma.

Charles Delacroix
Halloween
Eve of the Feast of All Saints

No comments: