Thursday, October 18, 2007

Deborah Kerr, R.I.P.

I just saw that Deborah Kerr died 2 days ago. She was 86 y.o. The same age as Mom when she died. Very moving obituary on BBC: see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7051206.stm I also just read her bio on IMDb: http://imdb.com/name/nm0000039/bio.

What a wonderful actress and graceful, delightful lady.

All of the names of actors and actresses in Ms Kerr's bio were, like this wonderful actress, contemporaries of my Mom, and all were performers that we had talked about at one time or another. Mom and I both liked Deborah Kerr's wonderful performance in The King and I. We both loved this movie very much. How I would like to put that movie on right now. I would, I think, but she's not here to share it with.

That's the trouble with almost everything. Everything. Things we shared, we shared. Things we didn't share, we didn't share. But she was always here: whether we shared something or not, she was always here.

How we loved to talk about the actors and actresses of the old classic movies when they came on PBS / OETA-TV. Every Saturday night. Or we would play an old classic movie and talk about the stars.

But they are all gone. Yul Brynner is gone; so is Robert Taylor; so is Burt Lancaster ... all are gone. Now Deborah Kerr is gone. Like Mom.

Oh God. Oh God O God O God.

What is there to say ... except may God have mercy on us all.

I gratefully presumed to post condolences on behalf of Mom and myself on the IMDb Message Board for Deborah Kerr. What a lady. That could be said of both of them, couldn't it.

May Deborah Kerr Rest In Peace
May Momma Rest In Peace
May they all, all Rest In Peace

Charles Delacroix
Feast of St Luke

No comments: