Sunday, October 7, 2007

"As Time Goes By"

I watched an episode of "As Time Goes By" tonite. This is such a delightful comedy. See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105943/ Geoffrey Palmer and Judi Dench and the entire cast are always delightful. The script is consistently fine, the dialog bright, the humor sparkling. But it was most of all the people and their relationships that captured our hearts most. For Mom and I loved to watch this together. At the end of an episode, both of us felt our hearts lighter and warmer from the experience. And I often would say, "Momma, these are such nice people!" And she would say, "They are nice people." We discussed this more than once and agreed that all of the characters are the kinds of people we'd really like to know as next-door neighbors, or friends. How many shows can you say that about?

Well ... I think tonite is the first night I've watched this since she died. And oh how painful it is to watch ... alone. There is Mom's chair empty. Yet I almost feel as if it's not empty at all. As if she were here watching too, as so many, many times in the past.

Of course Jesus is here; and all the saints and angels; all watching and enjoying. Perhaps ... from wherever she is ... she has the opportunity to watch and enjoy too? Oh I do so hope so. In the meantime ... oh Mom ... oh Mom ... I finally watched "As Time Goes By" tonite. And ... and ... Mom ... really, these are such nice people ... :-) ...

I love you Mom. I miss you and I love you. Thank you Lord for allowing me the privilege of watching this show with her so many times.

Charles Delacroix
Sunday 27 of the Year

No comments: